i remember when pottermore sorted me into slytherin i was all like WTF I’M CLEARLY A RAVENCLAW and then i realized it was oh so obvious how could i have never realized i was a slytherin?
Pottermore just sorted me into Slytherin and I’m kind of pissed because every other Sorting personality test has placed me in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. I don’t get it.
Pottermore sorted me into Ravenclaw. Every test I have ever taken has put me in Ravenclaw. I feel like a big part of my sense of self comes from the fact that I’ve never questioned my Hogwarts house. If I ever took a test that put me in another house, I’d probably have an identity crisis.
Pottermore put me in Ravenclaw, which is my house of choice… but the test also had Slytherin as a close second. I’m good with that.
I figured I was a Slytherin, or maybe a Ravenclaw… Pottermore was high when they put me in Gryffindor and I still attest to that.
((In honor of “Catching Fire“‘s fast approaching premiere, a little Hunger Games AU for Rumfire. Because no matter how painful this idea was, I couldn’t not write it.))
Rumplestiltskin must have heard the screams all his life; from friends and parents and siblings. An instantaneous reaction to the reading of the tributes that would be shipped off to the Capitol for yet another year of the Hunger Games.
But the screams had never been his own… Not until now.
when did ouat, (a story full of hope and happy ending) become the hunger games (a tragic dystopia)
…since I decided to write an AU mashing up the two stories?
Maybe I’m feeding a troll but why, if you’re “pissedoffatouat”, would you read fanfiction? Or did you just glance at it and decide to make a comment because I’m adding to the moral decay of OUAT fanfiction?
Screenshot I took of the betting board from “Cabin in the Woods” to show all of the possibilities. This story could have gone twenty million different ways.
Oi. Did a much needed update to my masterlist, in case anyone was wondering when I’d get around to that. Also made it a lot friendlier and most of the more common verses are sectioned off (the size of the Golden-verse section though…holy crap).
Maybe I’ll get around to updating my recommendations page tomorrow… Which yeah, I also got all of my bookmarks of fanfics to read rounded up at long last…
…they’re almost up to 800. I should work on getting that number down.
I think July 8th should be Riskpig Appreciation Day.
LISTEN UP I AM HERE TO BEG OF YOU TO LISTEN TO MY SUGGESTIONS FOR SOME OF THE T.E.A. NOMINEES PLEASE VOTE FOR THEM
- "Shoveling Snow" both for Best Fix-It and Best Secret Santa, because this story is all sorts of beautiful
- "Wet Nurse" verse for Best Kink (this was one of the hardest categories to decide, along with Best Author, so many goodies!)
- "Wheel of Pleasure" for Best PWP, ‘cause that shit’s hawt
- Escort Gold for Best Smut Romance and Best Series
- "Comings and Goings" for Best Smut Comedy
- "Nor Iron Bars a Cage" for Best One-Shot
- "There Was a Crooked Girl" for Best AU
- "Split Ends" for Best for Best AU!OUAT
- "The Dinner Belle" for Best Crossover
- "play on give me excess" for Best Golden Lace
- "The Follower" for Best Trend
- "Brave" for Best Woobie!Rum
- Katja from “Mr. and Mrs. Gold” for Best OC
- "Packages" for Best Develle
- wonderwoundedhearers for Best Author
And I thank you again for nominating Katja, because it is an honor just to be nominated amongst all of these fantastic authors. And I say it every time she’s brought up, but she means so much to me, and I’m glad other people love her so much.
I would adore it if she won because yeah, it’s been proven that I’ve made my mark on the Rumbelle community, but it would just be extra special to be chosen just because of a character I created from scratch. A character that’s super controversial but I would love to see come to life. I dunno how to bribe you guys further to vote, but expect tons of gushing if she does win.
((LINK TO VOTING BOOTH))
TIME TO VOTE
[GIANT TREMENDOUS HINT]
Best OC: Katja from “Mr. and Mrs. Gold”
Please and thank you.
If you vote for her please send me a note; I’d like to
bribe reward people for their support.
- "Little Lion Man" by Mumford and Sons [Weep for yourself my man/You’ll never be what is in your heart/Weep little lion man/You’re not as brave as you were at the start]
- "Sail" by AWOLnation [This is how I show my love/…Maybe I’m a different breed/Maybe I’m not listening]
- "Kamikaze" by Five Iron Frenzy [I’m going in/Like a kamikaze/…I am so slow to commit/I have wasted years on fences]
- "These Walls" by Trapt [Hard to find a place where there are no walls/And no lines begging me to cross/…Like clockwork I commit the crime]
- "That Girl" by Alexz Johnson [I’m that lie you can trust/I’m the chord on your guitar/I’m that girl you can’t shut up/…You can’t get rid of me]
- "Painting Flowers" by All Time Low [When I wake up/The dream isn’t done/I want to see your face and know I’ve made it home/…I am still painting flowers for you]
- "Wrecking Ball (Cover)" by Alexi Blue [Don’t you ever say I just walked away/I will always want you/…All I wanted was to break your walls]
- "When I’m Gone" by Anna Kendrick [You’re gonna miss me by my walk/You’re gonna miss me by my talk, oh/You’re gonna miss me when I’m gone]
- "These Boots Are Made for Walking" by Nancy Sinatra [These boots are made for walkin’/And that’s just what they’ll do/One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you]
- "I’m Like a Bird" by Nelly Furtado [Your faith in me brings me to tears/Even after all these years/…I’ll only fly away/I don’t know where my home is]
Please remember to vote on Tuesday, July 1st for Katja as Best OC in The Espenson Awards.
((I wanted to write a follow-up to this while it was still relatively new))
Summary: “Peter Pan Complex” verse. Isabelle confides in her friend about her job as Malcolm Gold’s live-in maid.
Rating: T for language and innuendo
"Dishwasher. Janitor. CNA, for god’s sake anything would be better than having to clean up after that wash-up.”
Isabelle sighed, idly playing with the sleeve on her coffee cup. Maybe meeting Ruby on her rare free afternoon had been a bad idea… But Isabelle hadn’t had many friends growing up, and fate had crossed her path with Ruby Lucas’. A New Yorker wanting to make it to the silver screen, she had found a job as a waitress to help pay the bills while she waited for her big break.
Ruby took her silence as leeway to continue, sipping almost viciously at her iced mocha, “You’re too smart for this. You should be in school, getting a degree for… What kind of degree would you need to be a film researcher?”
"Bachelor’s," Isabelle supplied promptly.
"Any university would be stupid to not give you a scholarship," Ruby decided.
"It’s not about scholarships," she sipped at her coffee, "…I still have to pay off my father’s debts."
It was a low blow, bringing her father into this…but it did bring the conversation to a complete stop.
"Besides, it’s not so bad," she insisted, "He hasn’t hit on me in awhile at least."
"Jesus Christ, Isabelle, listen to yourself," Ruby leaned back, "Give me one benefit, one, that justifies what you have to deal with."
Isabelle’s mind automatically pulled up an image of the younger Mr. Gold, the one with brown eyes and a clean shaven face. The serious one, his father’s foil in nearly every way.
Read more …
He stopped on the threshold of his castle and watched from there as she cut through the courtyard, to the front gates, and disappeared along the rocky path that wound its way down the mountainside. She would be just another notation on his long list of regrets, he supposed. The last thing he saw of her was her feet.
She was wearing his boots. She had the nerve to leave him and steal a pair of his boots.
It’s kind of teeny tiny, but I’ve had a bugger of a time finding reference shots of Rumple’s boots (spoiler alert: I went with Belle’s anyway). But yes, the first of my planned campaigning creations to try and persuade people to vote for Katja as best OC in the T.E.A. awards. Voting isn’t until the 1st but it’s never too early to beg for votes.
Might have also listened to “These Boots Were Made for Walkin’” on repeat while making this.